That recipe was fun.
And messy. But it`s ok, because the result was totally worth it.
We Greeks enjoy mezes a lot. Apparently, Italians are too. So I gave that Italian dish a try and I loved it. I served it with cream cheese and a few drops of lemon on top and it turned out a huge success into our home.
- 500 gr. potatoes
- 120 gr. feta cheese
- 3 tb. dill chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 tb lemon juice
- 1 egg beaten
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- flour to fry
- Boil the potatoes, strain & mash them.
- Put the mashed potatoes in bowl and add the feta cheese, the dill, the onions, the egg & the lemon juice.
- Mix them well & put on the fridge just enough to mold them easier.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge, mold it into small balls and flour it.
- Heat the oil into a pan (medium level – you don`t want to burn the outside & leave the inside raw).
- Fry the polpettes, both sides until they get a golden color.
- When ready, let them dry for a few minutes into absorbent paper & serve while they are still hot.
Have a lovely day!!
The original recipe is from here.
* I should probably have kept a record on the number of pieces that the mixture provides, but I tend to taste the food while I cook it, especially when the smell of it is fantastic. Next time… 🙂