This was made a while ago and it was my first attempt to make pancakes. For some reason It took a great effort to decide on the proper recipe and an even greater one, not to eat all the pancakes, before taking some shots. Well, I did eat many of them of course while I was cooking, but I managed to keep a few decent ones for the pictures.
These chocolate pancakes are great for a Mother`s Day breakfast and very easy to make. The recipe is from a favorite Greek Chef of mine, Akis Petretzikis and his book “Just Chocolate“, who I think most of you don`t know, although he is very talented, famous around here and recommended by Jamie Oliver after they cooperated a couple of years ago.
Anyway, back to the delicious recipe of those chocolate pancakes.
You will need the following Ingredients:
- 180 ml sour milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tb vanilla syrup
- 40 gr. crystal sugar
- 50 ml spore oil
- 130 gr. flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tb bakin powder
- 1 tb cooking soda
- 100 gr. milk sugar
- 50 gr. butter to fry
- 170 gr. melted praline chocolate (to serve on top)
- fresh fruit
- Whisk in a large bowl the milk with the eggs, the vanilla, the sugar and the oil.
- Whisk in a separate bowl the flour with the salt, the bakin powder, the soda and the chocolate pieces and fold into the flour mixture until all ingredients are combined together.
- In medium heat, place a nonstick pan and use half tb of butter per pancake.
- When the butter melts, place into the pan a large spoon of the mixture and cook for 4 minutes until it gets bubbly on top, flip and cook for 2 more minutes until it gets a golden color.
- Serve with melted praline on top and fresh fruit.
Happy Mother`s Day!!