It`s not a very good idea to write about food with an empty stomach. It hurts! 🙂
I love fried potatoes as everyone else I guess and that recipe makes the most delicious and crunchy ones.
I am writing below the original recipe, but I altered a bit the amount of herbs I used, based on personal taste.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 teaspoons paprika (I used one)
- coarse salt
- 4 sprigs of rosemary sprigs, finely chopped (I used two)
- olive oil for frying
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180* C Fan.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes.
- Spread a generous amount of coarse salt to cover the bottom of a baking pan.
- Add the potatoes, whole.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until they soften. The baking time depends on the size of the potatoes.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Rub the potatoes with your hands to remove any coarse salt stuck to them.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges. The best way to do this is to cut them in half first and then cut each half into 3 wedges.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a pan, until it reaches 180* C.
- When ready, carefully add the potatoes in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden and crunchy.
- In a bowl, add some finely chopped rosemary, 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Transfer the fries to the bowl using a spider and toss to coat in the seasoning mixture.
- Check seasoning and serve warm.
- You can also serve with your choice of meats.
Have a great week!!