That was super fun. The baking, the cookies, the photo shoot. What a day!!
I got inspired by the Marisa Churchill, “My Sweet & Skinny Life” book, which I got a couple of months ago. I love that book. Apart from fantastic recipes and cooking tips, is has lots of food photographs that I need to recreate.
Anyway, I think you all know it. I choose to start with the chocolate cookies recipe cause it was in the “classics” chapter and I need to be honest with you, we like cookies A LOT in this house.
You will need the following Ingredients:
- 168 gr. flour
- half tb salt
- half tb baking soda
- 84 gr. of brown butter (beurre noissette), in rooms temperature
- 127 gr. black sugar
- 1 egg white
- half tb of vanilla extract
- 110 gr. baking chocolate in drops or cut in small pieces
- Heat the oven at 175°C and place the rack in the middle. Cover the base of a pan with a baking paper.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, the salt and the soda. Let it aside.
- Use a mixer to mix the butter and the sugar for two minutes, in medium heat. Add the egg and the vanilla, mixing for two more minutes. Through in the flour mixture and hit the mixer in low heat until the ingredients get one. Add the drops of chocolate and stir with a spatula.
- Use a large spoon, create small balls of the mixture and put them on the pan by leaving 5cm. distance between them. Press them gently with your hand to make them flat.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until they get a golden color. Take them off the oven and place them on a rack. Leave them to cool for 15 minutes.
Enjoy & Have a great day!!