Good day dear friends!! I hope you all had a great weekend, full of fun and flavors.
I got a bit lost on the internet reading all about food photography and I think I might need a Bucket List to keep myself on track. The pinterest itself has too much inspiration.
It `s almost a month now that I write “SaltyBiscotti” and I must say that I enjoy both the cooking and the photography part –well… maybe a little more the photography part– and I need to say a big thank you for all the likes and comments that I receive from you.
So, a Strawberry Galette recipe for today, easy enough for a baking beginner. I hope you enjoy it.
You will need the following Ingredients:
For the dough:
- 175 gr. flour
- 6 gr. sugar
- 1 tbs. salt
- 110 gr. unsalted butter cut in cubes
- 6 tbs ice water
For the stuffing:
- 300 gr. strawberries, sliced
- 50 gr. sugar
- 6 gr. corn starch
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg
- Powdered sugar
- Prepare the dough. Mix in a bowl the flour, the sugar, the salt and the butter, blend and melt the better with a fork.
- Add gradually the water and stir with a spatula.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice the strawberries, put them in a bowl and add the sugar, the corn starch, the lemon and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Put some flour on a baking paper and roll the dough to get it round.
- Arrange the strawberries in circle and fold the edges of the dough.
- Brush the dough with a beaten egg and sprinkle some powdered sugar.
- Place a baking sheet on a pan and bake at 200 *C in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
Thank you for reading!! Have a lovely week!! 🙂