This is not nagging, it`s just the reality.
It is Saturday morning, I have my chocolate banana bread ready, I check my photo set, I feel excited about shooting my next food project. I compose and snap, snap, snap and after a while I feel happy with what I see on my camera, so I stop.
We eat the cake inevitably –it smells great, I go to my computer, it`s time for the next blog post.
And then boom!! I see it! Little details that I`ve missed, mistakes on composition, heavy lighting and the list goes on… And that happens every time friends. I no longer have any food to photograph and no time to repeat the process.
Anyway, I have always wanted to make Banana Bread. Adding to it chocolate it only makes it better.
It was a cake that we ate in almost a day and when I say we, I mean the whole family, even my little one got exited about it. I must say though, that we found it a bit greasy, so for the next time, I decided to limit the amount of banana used, into half.
Other than that, it was a very easy “desert” and it didn`t take too much time to prepare.
If you want to give it a try, you will need the following Ingredients:
- 250 gr. flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125 gr. butter, softened
- 235 gr. muscovado sugar
- 400 gr. ripe bananas, peeled weight
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 100 gr. dark chocolate
- powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180*C. Place a baking paper on a nonstick pan, appr. 24 by 12 by 8 cm.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar till fluffy and pale coffee-colored.
- Put the bananas in a bowl and mash until lumpy, not as a purée. Add the vanilla and the chopped chocolate pieces.
- Beat the eggs lightly and continue to beat them to the butter mixture. Insert some flour slowly until it starts to curdle.
- Add the banana mixture into the flour one and insert the rest of the flour and the baking powder. Blend gently with the spatula.
- Put the mixture into the pan and bake for about 50 minutes. When ready, leave it to the pan for 15 minutes to cool down and lift it out of the pan with the baking paper. Optionally, serve it with some with powdered sugar.
Thank you so much for reading!!
Have a lovely day!! 🙂