We like a lot borlotti beans around here. It is a great vegetable dish full of magnesium and iron.
Simple and quick are the key the words for that –kind of a soup– recipe. All you need is water to make the beans soft and a few of your favorite vegetables boiled together.
Please, please do not forget to serve Feta with them. The cheese will simply take off the taste of your main dish.
You will need the following Ingredients:
- 450 gr. borlotti beans
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 large carrots, cut in small pieces
- garlic, finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 200 gr. tomato sauce
- Put a large pot, in medium /high heat and add enough olive oil to cover the surface (be generous on the measure).
- Saute the onion, the green pepper, the garlic, the cherry tomatoes for a minute and add the beans. Mix them with a scoop and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add some salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce and enough water to cover the ingredients.
- Boil for 50 minutes into low temperature until the beans and the rest vegetables are tender. Check in 30 minutes if more water is needed, you don’t want your recipe to dry.
- Serve in a bowl, with some feta and salad on the side. You can add the feta inside, that is a personal favorite.
Thank you so much for being here!!