My mother`s mum was a fantastic cook. And baker. She could make us a pie in a second, always tasting delicious and full of love. This is true, I could feel all her love for us in her cooking. Even on the simplest dishes.
So, this pie, Mpatzina as we call it in Greece, brings out childhood memories and family traditions.
I believe it is the easiest pie anyone can make and a little difficult to fail in the baking. It is very thin, crunchy on the sides but so creamy on the inside, that one piece of it is never enough. My little one loves it too. I believe he loves anything involving Feta Cheese… Pure Greek!! 🙂
Mpatzina is perfect for breakfast or as an evening snack. Give it a try and let me know.
You will need the following Ingredients:
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 200 gr. yogurt
- 300 gr. all-purpose flour
- 200 gr. feta cheese, crumbled
- 200 ml. water
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and put an empty pan inside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the pie mixture. Rub the zucchini in a grater, aim for long lined shaped, and put them in a bowl.
- Add the egg, the olive oil and the yogurt and mix gently with a wire.
- As soon as it is mixed well, add the flour and the water. It should look like batter.
- Through the feta pieces, some salt and pepper, add the mint and mix well with a large spoon.
- After the pan is well heated, use a paintbrush to cover it with a mixture of some olive oil and water and through in the pie mush. Sprinkle on top some olive oil and bake for 40 minutes in the medium rack.
- Leave it to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Thank you so much for being here!!
Have a lovely day!!