A really easy and quick recipe for today.
Yogurt, fresh herbs, cucumber and olive oil are the main ingredients to make this summery sauce.
It goes perfect with any grilled meat or vegetables, fried calamari and of course gyros if you are having souvlaki. You can serve it with pita bread and olives and perhaps a bit cold.
You will need the following Ingredients:
- 200 gr. strained yogurt
- 1/2 medium size cucumber, grated & stiffed
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 1 tbs dill, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil to decorate
- olives / basil leaves to decorate
- Prepare all the ingredients as instructed above.
- In a bowl, add them all, the yogurt, the cucumber, the lemon juice, the olive oil, the garlic and the dill (my recipe does not include dill today, but you should definitely add some), some salt & pepper to spice it up.
- Stir them well enough to combine, put it in the fridge for a while.
- Serve with some olive oil drops & olives on top.